Well I was tagged by Empress Anisa so I am supposed to tell 10 random things about myself so lets see...
1. Ninaweza kuzumgunza Kiswahili. Lakini, siku hizi ninasahau vitu vyingi.
2. I am the second oldest of seven children (3 boys and 4 girls); the youngest is 17 years younger than I am
3. I have a Bachelor of Science in Biology, which I have never applied practically and probably never will.
4. I have had Malaria three times - all during a single pregnancy.
5. I like to paint and draw, if it would pay the bills I would love to be an artist by profession.
6. My father thinks I have obsessive compulsive disorder - but then he obsessively diagnoses everyone with that.
7. I have a very unusual name (so I cannot post it here). My parents made it up by combining a boy's name from a Scandinavian language (my paternal Grandfather is Scandinavian) with another name. To date, I have never met anyone else with it. When I google it all references that turn up are to me or a younger man (which means I had it first) who spells his name the same way(though I don't know how he pronounces it)and he is serving time for murder. When I got married my in-laws tried to force me to change it to a common Arabic / Muslim name - and I refused because after being teased for it throughout my childhood by children and adults alike, I now own it and it is me. I could never think of myself as any other name. Plus I believe only your parents get the right to name you and as long as they didn't give you some freaky or offensive name, you should honor that. My name means "beautiful kettle" or "beautiful helmet."
8. I hate it when people beat around the bush in trying to tell me something. If you want to say something, say it directly otherwise keep it to yourself until you have the guts to talk about it directly
9. I used to go Salsa dancing on a regular basis -I kind of miss it. Sometimes I still dance alone or with my babies in my living room.
10. One of my favorite foods is Butter Chicken (Sindh Punjab Restaurant in Karama Dubai has the best) my other favorite would be the traditional American Thanksgiving / Christmas Dinner - Turkey, home made gravy and mashed potatoes - yum!