Sunday, August 30, 2009

Spunky and Sleepy - photos

Well the babies (kittens) are sleeping on my lap (see my previous post below) and here are some pictures of them



The cats here have such big ears - makes them look kind of like gremlins - but cute ones.

Spunky (the one behind) is a very adventurous little fellow. Earlier he was attacking my hair. After that, he started licking my arm and purring and he was kneading it with his feet, then i realized he was trying to nurse on it - it was so cute and sad. I think he thinks I am his mom now. When he wants a nap, he keeps coming to my lap.
I wonder what happened to their mother. I feel so sad about their little sibling who died and the other one who is lost and possibly starving to death out in the heat somewhere.
Sleepy is kind of feeble, but she does appear to be getting stronger, she doesn't roam around as much as her brother does - and yes Spunky is a boy - he has the tiny little minature parts to prove it.
They have been eating tiny bits of cat food and drinking rainbow milk diluted with water. I also gave them some egg yolk mixed with a wee bit of milk. Does anyone know what to feed kittens? There isn't any kitten food in the grocery near my home.
FYI, for those who don't know, canned cat food smells A LOT better than dog food. If I was starving and had no choice but to eat either cat or dog food, I would opt for the cat food any day. The chicken in gravy actually smelled and looked like chicken in gravy.

11 comments:

Pu├ža said...

they are really cute!!!

Just think you've saved 2!!!

WhiteOrchid said...

love the cats! :)

desertmonsoon said...

They are so sweet, I am in love. I am already calling them "my babies". And I need to give them up at the end of the week :(

scarlet pimpernel said...

hi
came here via aios blog
nice blog keep it up

Ahavah-Shim'eon said...

This is probably the most useful site that I managed to find....

http://www.kittencare.com/askKC_Feeding_Kittens.html

this one has the cute pictures that I cant resist.. (I'm not being helpful am I?)

http://www.j-tull.com/musicians/iananderson/kittens.html

desertmonsoon said...

hey Scarlet Pimpernel, welcome and thanks :)

Hi Ahavah, actually the kitten formulas are quite helpful, thanks!

Ahavah-Shim'eon said...

they were? excellent.. how are the little chaps doing?

desertmonsoon said...

They are doing great! The little runt is really making progress, now she fights for food with her brother and meows as loudly as he does. They are so cute. I am in love with them... don't want to give them up...

Ahavah-Shim'eon said...

where are the babies going?!!!! shock horror - trauma... this is as bad as finding out that September 1st is the official killing day for dolphins in a 'kept quite' about village in Japan....!

desertmonsoon said...

well, a coworker of mine is going to take care of them. I love them a lot but two cats and a dog... a dog that wants to kill the two cats no less... it's a bit much to handle. I am keeping them for now, because they are really really small and they need someone with them all the time - so my son is here and feeds them and stuff during the day. But once they are a bit older, old enough to be a bit more independent during the day, then she will take them.

Ahavah-Shim'eon said...

ahhh that's alright then... panic over :0D