Sunday, October 23, 2011

Arab Teenagers - boys with bang-dos

I was in Ras Al Khaimah over the weekend, visiting my friend, and we went to the mall - while there I noticed several Arab teenagers dressed in the weirdest ways. I have no idea what/who is guiding their "fashion" sense - it looked ridiculous to me.

First of all there's the hair-do - and by the way I am talking about teenage boys - not girls and I am of the opinion that the term hairdo and man/boy should not be used in the same sentence. I swear to God this style they all seem to be sporting looks like a boy's version of the Snooki hairdo. Bangs with this big poof hump of hair behind it. Who the hell told them this looks cool????

Secondly there are the clothes - skinny jeans in awful colors - like purple (and again we're talking about boys here). And they wear matching outfits... which again is a very unmanly thing to do in my opinion.

And then there are the shoes. One black one - one yellow one 0r red or whatever color they happen to be wearing. I guess two friends will share - one gets one black shoe and one gets one of the colored ones and then they wear matching outfits. I don't think this is what American teenage boys are wearing these days but I might be wrong - anyone else seen anything like this?

4 comments:

Explore said...

That sounds bizarre! I've never seen something like that, though it does sound like an interesting sight!

♡ αmαℓ said...

LOL Bangs with a poof?? Woww.

I see a lot of guys going around with shaggy hair here (Dubai) or wannabe Justin Bieber haircuts that don't work too well on their super thick hair but never a poof hahaha

Dawnan said...

Ummmm, that is not a look that is being sported anywhere in Nashville (or any other part of the US,thankfully!)

martina said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

Diverticulitis Treatment Diverticulitis Diet